This Cranberry Salsa is a festive, healthy, allergy-friendly holiday appetizer.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time2 hrs 15 mins
- 1/4 c. white sugar
- 2 c. fresh raw cranberries
- 1 Gala or Fuji apple, cut into chunks
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and quartered
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
In the bowl of a food processor, process the sugar until very fine (to create superfine sugar). Pour into a serving bowl and set aside.
Place cranberries, apple, red onion, and jalapeño in the food processor and process until the mixture reaches a finely chopped pico de gallo-type consistency. Add to the bowl with the sugar and stir to combine.
Add orange zest and juice, lime juice, and salt and stir to combine. Cover and chill 2-24 hours. Stir in cilantro just before serving.