Harvest Chopped Salad
A hearty fall salad that's as tasty as it is pretty!
Prep Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 10 c. romaine lettuce, chopped
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 c. pecan pieces
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese or blue cheese
- 1 c. honey crisp or other apple, chopped
- 1 ripe pear, chopped
- 3/4 c. dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. + 2 Tbsp purchased poppyseed dressing
On a large platter or five individual plates, spread romaine in a single layer.
Cover with layered rows of bacon, pecans, crumbled cheese, diced apple, diced pear, and dried cranberries.
Serve with purchased poppyseed dressing drizzled on top or on the side.
A Love Letter to Food Original Recipe, loosely based on this recipe from Iowa Girl Eats.