Thai Peanut Chicken Pasta
An Asian-inspired one-dish meal perfect for busy weeknights, this recipe boasts whole grains, veggies, and chicken in a tasty peanut sauce.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 14 oz. thin spaghetti
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 c. low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. sriracha sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil, divided
- 1 1/2 c. carrots, cut into 1/8-inch by 2-inch matchsticks
- 2 c. cabbage, thinly sliced
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 c. cooked diced chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 c. peanut pieces (optional garnish)
- 1/4 c. sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- 1/4 c. green onions, sliced (optional garnish)
Cook pasta according to package directions.
While pasta cooks, make the peanut sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and ginger.
Drain pasta and toss with 1 Tbsp. sesame oil to keep from sticking. Set aside.
Wipe out pasta pan and heat the other 1 Tbsp. sesame oil on medium heat. Add carrots and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add cabbage and green onions and saute another minute or two until the cabbage begins to soften.
Add the pasta back to the pan, along with the chicken and peanut sauce. Stir well to combine and continue cooking on low until heated through.
Garnish with additional green onion slices, peanut pieces, and/or sesame seeds. Serve immediately.