Crock Pot Mexican Chicken & Corn Chowder
This Crock Pot Mexican Chicken & Corn Chowder has it all: chicken, corn, black beans, a creamy, cheesy broth, and just enough spice!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 2 14.75-oz. cans cream-style corn
- 1.5 c. frozen fire-roasted corn
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chilies
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 c. grated Mexican blend cheese
- 1 c. half and half
- additional cheese, avocado, tortilla strips, etc. for serving
Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a large slow cooker. Add garlic, chicken broth, cream-style corn, frozen corn, black beans, chilies, chili powder, paprika, and cumin and stir to combine.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
Remove chicken and shred, then return to the slow cooker. Add shredded cheese and half and half, stir, and re-cover. Heat an additional 15 minutes or until hot. Serve immediately.